You’ve got the product (or service). You’ve got the people. Now all you need are the customers.
Whether you’re breaking into an industry or breaking the mold in one, implementing a go-to-market business development plan is a challenge. While each sector has its nuances, there is a template for crafting and executing effective go-to-market operations. It all starts with gathering the right ingredients.
Your Essential Go-to-Market Ingredients
- Buyer personas. Know your buyers. As Warren Buffett said, “The more you learn, the more you earn.” Know your markets and develop buyer personas based on who you need to sell to and where. Understand each persona’s pain points and how you can solve their problems.
- Clean data. Whether you’re buying a database or working in one you’ve cultivated, clean, accurate prospect data is critical to your outreach. Perform a database audit before you start anything. Once you’ve scrubbed your CRM clean, ensure you regularly cleanse it to keep your outreach effective.
- Targeted content. Once you know who to sell to, you need the means to do it. Just like with your data, audit your content. You should have pieces to match each persona and each step in the buyer journey. This includes pitch decks, outreach templates, and sales pieces.
Strategy and Implementation
- Outreach strategy. Once you’ve got personas, clean data, and targeted content, you need a plan on how to attack markets. Think about which channels to use, which content to use where, and come up with an outreach cadence for each persona. Be sure to record all outreach in your CRM to track which outreach strategy is performing well and which needs work.
- Determine metrics. In order to know which strategy is working, you need to define success. Identify meaningful and measurable metrics to track and set attainable and motivational goals for each. Common metrics include conversion rate, pipeline volume, and opportunities, among others.
- Analyze and improve. Record everything you and your team do in your CRM. Keep track of what’s working and what isn’t, using this data to continually improve your process.
Ramp Up Outreach with NuGrowth Solutions
With over $60 Million in ACV Closed Revenue, we know business development strategy here at NuGrowth Solutions. Our decades of experience mean we’ve honed our strategy to become the #1 sales as a service provider, transforming business development teams to produce astounding results.
See for yourself how NuGrowth’s sales as a service can accelerate your pipeline and equip your team for lasting success – contact us at 614.304.3917 today.
Author: Sarah Deak
Sarah is a veteran copywriter and content strategist with NuGrowth Solutions. She likes to look for the unexpected angle and uses her background in education, business development, and marketing to create interesting and informative pieces to equip readers with actionable data.
Sarah Deak is a veteran copywriter and content strategist with NuGrowth Solutions. She likes to look for the unexpected angle and uses her background in education, business development, and marketing to create interesting and informative pieces to equip readers with actionable data