It’s not surprising that in a 2015 survey, sales managers ranked the productivity/performance of their reps as their #1 challenge.
STATISTICS SHOW THAT MANY SALES REPS AREN’T FULLY PREPARED…
- 42% don’t feel they have the information they need before making a call.
- 45% say they need help figuring out which accounts to prioritize.
AREN’T AS PRODUCTIVE AS THEY SHOULD BE…
- 20% of time is spent researching…not selling.The average salesperson sells for 90 MINUTES PER DAY.
AND SPEND TOO MUCH TIME ON NON- REVENUE GENERATING ACTIVITIES
- 80% of the average salesperson’s day is spent on non-revenue generating activities.
But revenue growth at companies with advanced marketing and sales capabilities tends to be 30% GREATER THAN THE AVERAGE COMPANY.
So what are the leaders doing RIGHT?
PRACTICING STRONG LEAD MANAGEMENT
- Best in class sales organizations are 30% more likely to have well defined lead management processes than the industry average.
- Companies with mature lead generation and management practices have a 9.3% higher sales quota achievement rate.
MAKING INTEGRATED SYSTEMS A PRIORITY
- High achievers are nearly 20% more likely than low achievers to integrate sales intelligence and the CRM.
- 63% of companies that are outgrowing their competitors use marketing automation.
- Sales operations where leaders provide deal-specific coaching report a 14% shorter average sales cycle.
- In one pilot coaching program Sales calls per rep rose by 40%, offers closed per sales team rocketed by 75%, and the average contract value per week rose by 80%—and by as much as 150% for new deals.
- 92% of all salespeople give up after no sales on the 4th call.
- 60% of customers say no four times before saying yes.
COMPANIES THAT WANT TO KEEP THEIR CAC COSTS DOWN AND MOVE LEADS THROUGH THE PIPELINE FASTER ALSO PUT A PRIORITY ON INSIDE SALES.
- Inside sales is growing cost-of-sales by 300% FASTER.
- Inside sales reduces cost-of-sales by 40%-90% compared to field sales.
- 20% of B2B sales teams will go “virtual” by 2018.