CONTENT MARKETING: Distribution Methods to Get Eyes on Your Content, Minds on Your Organization and Leads to Your Sales Team
- 91% of B2B marketers use content marketing
- 79% of B2B marketers use content marketing to achieve brand awareness goals
- 71% of B2B marketers use content marketing to achieve lead generation goals
For good reason:
- 78% of consumers feel that organizations providing custom content are interested in building good relationships with them.
- Per dollar spent content marketing generates 3 time s as many leads as traditional marketing.
But an article or infographic alone isn’t enough.
“If Content is King, Distribution is Queen and She Wears the Pants”
Content marketing isn’t just about creating it is also about distributing and including effective calls to action intended to lead consumers to
- Read your content,
- Learn more about your company
- Fill out a contact form,
- Share with friends and co-workers
- And more.
Ten Ways to Get Eyes on Your Content, Minds on Your Organization and Leads to Your Sales Team
- Publish to your website – Use analytics and marketing automation to track visits and interaction, and, if your goal is lead gen, make people fill out a form to get it!
- Broadcast to a wide audience via email – Use marketing automation and analytics to set up lead nurture and lead scoring.
- Promote using links in your email signature – Track clicks using your marketing automation tool.
- Share via “traditional” Social Media Outlets – Cross-publish across Google+, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Make it easier for your readers share too—Include social share buttons on everything you publish.
- Engage in online community discussions – Find targeted online subject matter groups, join LinkedIn forums, participate in discussions and link back to your content when it is relevant. Never spam the forum!
- Expand your reach with content syndication – Search out reputable syndication sites on which to repurpose your content. Business2Community is a good first step.
- Take Advantage of Turn-Key Tools – These tools include pay-per-click advertisements, Slideshare, Outbrain, and more.
- Target thought leaders & industry associations – Seek out industry thought leaders, actively follow them on Twitter, and ask them to share your content with their followers.
- Partner Effectively – Content marketing is most effective when you have the manpower, the infrastructure, and the discipline to devote to creating and executing strategic campaigns. If you don’t have that capacity internally, find a partner who does! If you are looking for a partner with the expertise and experience to run a coordinated digital marketing and outbound sales effort, backed by a strong CRM and marketing automation infrastructure, NuGrowth could be your solution.