In this age of numbers and stats to measure the effectiveness of every part of the sales process, on simple practice often goes overlooked.
A pre-call or pre-demo plan is critical to the success of sales calls.
- 99% of customers want salespeople who contact them to research their business and industry.
- 13% of customers believe salespeople demonstrate an understanding of their business challenges and how to solve them.
- 45% of salespeople feel ill-prepared for their initial conversations with prospects.
- 80% of sales calls are entered without a completed call plan.
In order to set yourself apart, you need to prepare. Use these 7 elements for each call, and watch your success increase dramatically.
- The Basics: Make sure you know the time, date, and format of the meeting.
- The Background: What do you already know about the person or people you’ll be speaking to?
- The History: What conversations or interactions have you or your team already held?
- The Purpose: What is the overall goal of the call?
- The Questions: What do you want to learn? Create specific questions.
- The Team: Ensure that everyone who will be involved in the call knows their role.
- The Timing: Aim to have your plan in place at least 1 week before the call.
Becoming a master sales call architect takes time. Instead of reinventing your sales organization and sinking time and money into people, processes and systems, Partner Effectively.