What do Sherlock Holmes & Dr. Watson, Spock & Captain Kirk, and Sales & Marketing have in common? They’re better together than apart. Yes, we DID say “Sales & Marketing”—marketing makes sales stronger and vice-versa.
WHEN SALES AND MARKETING ARE IN SYNC:
- Businesses are 67% better at closing deals Revenue growth is up to 3x stronger
- Customer retention is 36% higher
- Businesses average 32% annual revenue growth while less aligned companies report an average 7% decline
So why do only 8% of B2B companies have tight alignment between marketing and sales? One Word: Silos
NOT ENOUGH FOCUS is put on building a unified team with a common vocabulary, integrated systems, inclusive processes, and a cohesive team culture. With these systems in place the TEAMS CAN WORK IN UNISON to attract and engage more prospects—increasing funnel velocity and closing more deals.
Remember, the following will greatly affect this pair's ability ro provide results
- QUALITY DATA: The quality of the data 100% impacts the productivity of the funnel. Good data=high productivity. Bad data=stagnation.
- INTEGRATED SYSTEMS: Sales and marketing must understand and use the same CRM, data analytics, and marketing automation tools.
- UNIFIED STRATEGY: It’s important to know where to focus efforts and why— when to rely on inbound when to send an email and when to pick up the phone.
- COHESIVE CULTURE: The teams must use a common language, create processes that incorporate one another, and create a culture of transparency and accountability together.
IF YOU DON’T HAVE A READY-TO-GO MARKETING OR SALES TEAM, GET YOUR SHERLOCK ITS VERY OWN DR. WATSON— PARTNER WITH NUGROWTH SAAS OR NUGROWTH DIGITAL