While you may be able to sidestep visuals in a well-written blog post, what are you doing to create variety in your marketing plan? It’s important to consider your entire audience and make sure you’re also capturing the “visual readers.” As we mentioned in a previous blog post, our attention spans are waning, and 81% of educated people skim instead of read online. It is obvious that humans are changing, and brands are quickly adapting to embrace a world of visual communication.
Here are some ways to adapt your marketing strategy to ensure your brand doesn’t get left in the dust:
- Images: Use images often and aim for creative images that speak for themselves
- Videos: Video is expected to make up 84% of internet traffic in the US by 2018—share across websites and social media platforms and consider video ads
- Memes: If memes are appropriate for your niche, they are a great way to set yourself apart from your competition—make jokes about your industry and make people laugh
- Quizzes: Fun quizzes are widely shared on social media and can get you considerable website traffic if you can find a relevant topic
- Image Quotes: A simple but effective way to get shares is by posting inspirational, comical or industry quotes on top of an image
- Screenshots: Product screenshots give your audience a glimpse of what you have to offer and help generate trust
- Illustrations: Often found within infographics or standalone to boost blog posts, emails and web pages
- Infographics: Infographics provide content for the “readers” while showcasing strong stats and messages for the “non-readers”—it’s a win-win
Think you can keep up with the visual trends? When business is too busy, partner effectively with NuGrowth Digital. We’re here to help: Download our free infographic template and customize it for your brand, or let us handle the creative work for you. Just give us a call at 800-966-3051 or fill out a contact form.