According to Forrester, 87% of B2B marketers say that they struggle to produce content that truly engages their buyers. I’d argue that could very well be because they are still thinking like marketers—not like editors.
- Marketers are typically tasked with promoting a product (i.e. product- or business-first thinking).
- Editors are in charge of publishing content that their audience wants to read (i.e. audience-first thinking).
After all, in the newspaper or magazine subscription-based model, with no readers, there’s no revenue. The same could be said about content marketing. You can write Pulitzer quality pieces, but if no one wants to read them, it’s all for naught.
NuGrowth’s latest eGuide, Before You Write, Understand Their Plight, is a must-read for marketers struggling to engage their audience.
Read it to learn:
- The demographic information you need as a starting point
- The questions you need to ask to build a better buyer persona
- Best practices for getting the answers you need