As mentioned in a previous post, two NuGrowth team members, Paul Fuller and Chuck Rue recently took part in an Act-On sponsored webinar “Lead Scoring: The Science of Sales Conversion.” In conjunction with the webinar, Fuller was asked to write a guest blog post for Act-On on the science of lead scoring.
As the title implies, his post 6 Lead Scoring Lessons for Better Lead Conversion, which can be seen in full on the Act-On website, offers six key bits of advice:
- Leadership buy-in to a lead scoring approach is critical.
- Sales & marketing are NOT separate.
- Prompt delivery of leads, and well-timed follow-up, is crucial.
- It’s critical to keep sales educated about campaigns.
- Duplicates are a killer.
- Score the whole sales cycle!