Today, more and more businesses construct content marketing “machines” designed to do one thing:
Blast through the clutter by building content that matters to your audience.
Companies that create fascinating content do more than delight readers—they make connections. If you set up your systems properly, and you have the right team members in place, the content you build will help you discover qualified leads and open the door to mutually profitable relationships.
The problem starts when your inspiration starts to run dry, or when your content stops feeling exciting and interesting to your audience. So how can you stay inspired to keep creating high-octane content?
First, don’t cover topics. Instead, solve problems. Interesting content answers the question, “What’s in it for me?” Find the questions your audience is interested, and create content that answers them.
Not sure what your audience wants to know? There are numerous ways to discover the pressing issues that your content will address.
- Have a conversation with your sales team. No one in your company is more in-touch with your audience’s needs.
- Participate in industry social groups on sites like LinkedIn or Facebook. Become part of the conversation, and strive to fill in the gaps in published knowledge. Industry-specific magazines often host online forums full of good questions.
- Follow industry leaders on Twitter. See what’s being talked about, or what isn’t being talked about enough!
- Create Google Alerts for topics your audience cares about.
- Investigate the comment sections of interesting online articles.
Finally, when you come across something interesting—even if it isn’t the right topic at the moment—keep track of it. Whether you use a physical notebook or a computer file or folder, have one place to curate inspiration and store thoughts whenever they occur to you. Collecting, browsing, and rearranging things that interest you is a great way to spark new ideas.
Follow these steps to keep the engine of your content marketing machine running smoothly. Or, partner up with a company dedicated to creating and capitalizing on high-octane content. NuGrowth Solutions is an outsourced sale and marketing organization that does just that. Contact the NuGrowth team at 800-966-3051 or fill out a contact form to find out more.
[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row type=”in_container” bg_position=”left top” bg_repeat=”no-repeat” scene_position=”center” text_color=”dark” text_align=”left” class=”author-box”][vc_column width=”1/6″][vc_column_text]
Author: Danny Kear
Danny writes infographics, emails, and other content for NuGrowth Digital clients. He applies his background in marketing and communications to craft content that illuminates the quality and value of the client’s brand.