Salesforce Implementation Tips
- Map data correctly. Avoid writing new code or manually moving misplaced data. Map data correctly from the start to prevent months of headaches.
- Use clean data. As the saying goes, “garbage in, garbage out.” Start with accurate data to minimize the need for clean-up.
- Go with first things first. Too often, companies try to think of every possible workflow customization and add all of them to implementation. This makes the process tedious and drawn out, and often users find many customizations irrelevant. Start with the essentials and build on later as you need.
- Establish stakeholders. Especially in a large implementation, there can be too many or too few people involved in learning about and managing your Salesforce system. Identify a point person or people to oversee the whole project and tap stakeholders from each group or team to have direct input.
- Start with the end in mind. Leverage stakeholders to determine priority outcomes and use that to direct fields and workflows.
- Spend time on training. Implementation is your time to establish good Salesforce habits and set a solid foundation for ease of use. Take your time and leverage internal and external resources to train well and avoid dug-in misuse.
Salesforce Maintenance Tips
- Update standards of practice. Establish standards of practice upon implementation and update as needed.
- Have regular clean-ups. This is where your stakeholders come back into play. Ensure there is a person or team that regularly scrubs your database to rid it of old or duplicate data and fill in missing information.
- Maintain executive support. Your stakeholder team should include executive members. Too often, leadership is invested and engaged upon implementation but falls away once the system becomes more commonplace.
- Watch API limits. Have your Salesforce team watch that you’re not running too many processes at once. If you reach your limits, you may be forced into a “cooling off period” that stalls productivity.
- Keep training your team. Stay consistent in training new employees and veterans. Every time you update standards or add a new feature, all who touch Salesforce need a refresh.
Get the Salesforce Know-How You Need from NuGrowthSalesforce implementation, clean-up, and maintenance can seem like full-time jobs. But you don’t need to dedicate full-time resources to manage Salesforce effectively. All you need are the experts at NuGrowth Solutions to help you maximize Salesforce and make it your Salesforce, focusing on your business objectives and building the system you need to reach your goals. Our Salesforce CRM solutions include walking through implementation and customization, and developing a premier system to fit your needs in as little as six weeks. Make Salesforce work for you. Get in touch with our Salesforce® CMR experts today: contact us at nugrowth.com/contact or 614.304.3916.
NuGrowth Solutions delivers outsourced sales and marketing services to leading companies looking for professional brand representation. With an exclusive focus and culture built on net new business, clients achieve outcomes of brand awareness, pipeline development and top line growth.